While living and working in Edinburgh in 2008 I set out to write one million words in 366 days... but only managed 800,737.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I like free stuff...

Found this in my inbox today from the Edinburgh: City of Literature

There’s Nowhere to Hyde This February...

This month, we’re gearing up for One Book – One Edinburgh 2008, and aiming to get the whole city reading Stevenson’s Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

Free copies of the book will be distributed to high schools in the city, to every public library and to partner organisations and from 22nd February members of the public can drop into their local library and claim a free copy while stocks last. All city libraries will stock copies of the book which can be borrowed for free once all the One Book – One Edinburgh copies have been claimed.

I’ll be one of those scrambling for a free book on the 22nd. What can I say, I like books and I’m cheap.

I started another day job today, so I’ll be squeezing out (or trying to) 3,000 words in the dark hours before and after work – my own Jekyll and Hyde existence if you will.

Will blog about Stevenson’s book in due course.

Insider’s tip: expect some Jekyll and Hyde influenced prose to appear on the blog too.

No comments: