While living and working in Edinburgh in 2008 I set out to write one million words in 366 days... but only managed 800,737.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Status Report: Week Forty-Seven

Weeks Forty-Seven – The Stats

Weekly Wordcount: 15,561 words
Average: 2,223 words per day (compared to target of 3,001 words/day)
Most productive day: Sunday 23 November, 3,116 words
Least productive day: Tuesday 18 November, 1,717 words
Year-to-date: 727,667 words (168,508 words behind target)

Life, or preparation for life after the U.K., has impinged on my writing time all week, and will do so for the rest of the year. I wish I could stop checking the GBP-Euro and GBP-USD exchange rates (scary bad) but I can’t. I wish I could just pay whatever price for a memory card or for shipping a box of mementos to NZ but I can’t. I’m too cheap. And, having paid for all our flights and pre-booked tours, there’s not a lot of room for frivolity. Still, it’s all worth it, eh?


No comments: